AWS Cloud Architect Bootcamp
Instructor : Adnan Hassan
Looking to grow you career in cloud computing, come and learn with a highly skilled technology professional with deep expertise in both AWS and Azure cloud platforms. This unique course is designed to develop both technical and strategic skills needed to become a successful technology advisor. Unlike other courses that focus mainly on core platform services required to pass the solution architect exam, this course will prep you on how to efficiently use technology to solve complex business problems. Throughout the course we will review common business challenges faced by CIOs and line of business directors, and how to solve using AWS platform components.We will actively review reference architecture design patterns and cloud transformation best practices, that will help you elevate your skills from being just an ordinary solution architect to a strategic technology leader. Most of the AWS platform services required to pass the AWS Solution Architect associate exam will also be covered including exam tip/tricks throughout the course.
You will also be provided guidance on how to prepare and manage expectations during the job interview through out the course
This Course will be conducted by a 20 year old industry veteran, currently working for AWS and previously employed by Microsoft for 14 years.Module1 Course Overview
- • Course objectives review.
- • Cloud Computing Value and Opportunity.
- • Why AWS Platform?
- • Course expectations, prerequisites.
- • Module 1 Quiz.
- • Glance into common cloud architecture patterns.
- • AWS Well-Architected framework.
- • AWS Core Services,
- • Module 2 Quiz
- • Deep Dive into Amazon S3.
- • Storage types.
- • Security and Versioning.
- • Advanced Services - S3 as data lake.
- • Intro to data lake formation.
- • Module 3 Hands-on Lab
- • Deep Dive into Amazon EC2.
- • AMIs and instance types.
- • Data Storage.
- • Pricing considerations.
- • High availability discussion.
- • Module 4 Hands-on Lab. Module 5 Database
- • Adding a database layer.
- • Amazon RDS and Dynamo DB.
- • Security controls in RDS
- • Data Migration Service overview
- • Module 5 Hands-on Lab
- • Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- • Vpc design patterns
- • How to secure you cloud infrastructure
- • Subnets and gateways
- • Module 6 - Hands on Lab
- • How to make cloud extension of your work
- • Load balancing.
- • High Availability, multi regional deployments.
- • Module 7 - Architecture Design Exercise (white board).
- • Use AWS recommended design components, icons and sketch patterns. Module 8 Identity and Access.
- • Intro to AWS IAM.
- • Federation with SAML and Active Directory.
- • IAM Policies.
- • Module 8 - Exercise
- • Why automate?
- • Infrastructure as a code.
- • Automating deployments.
- Module 9 - Hands-on Lab
- • Elasticity and scalability.
- • Monitoring with cloud watch.
- • Caching on AWS.
- • Web tier and database caching.
- Module 10 - Hands-on Lab
- • Building Microservices.
- • Going Serverless with AWS lambda.
- • Container Services.
- Hands-on Lab
- • Decoupling you architecture.
- • Amazon SQL and Amazon SNS
- • DR Planning and recovery strategies
- • RTO/RPO and backup recovery steps
- • A real-world customer use case will be assigned to the team. Team will present the architecture to the customer, and will then develop and demonstrate the prototype.
- • Steps1 - Execute a discovery and an envisioning architecture design session
- • Step2 - Develop and present the final prototype of the solution